Best Health & Safety Product WINNER NHBC housebuilder awards 2014
One of the major problems facing the housebuilding industry is how to safely fix bracing timbers to roof trusses.
The STA System is a bespoke access system which makes truss bracing safer, easier and faster.
Fixing bracing timbers to roof trusses is an extremely dangerous and high risk activity with potential falls of 5 to 7m. Even with the use of decking systems or bags a joiner can still fall the height of the truss- potentially sustaining severe injuries before landing on the decking system or on bags some 7m below.
Due to the short duration work and multi work postions the STA System is a practical, cost effective solution to what is an extremely high risk activity.
IT IS SO EASY TO USE THE JOINERS WILL PREFER THIS SAFER, FASTER METHOD OF WORKING
• The STA System provides a safe means of access to higher levels of the roof truss where timbers are fixed
• When fixing timbers the operative can still have three points of contact whilst both hands are free to carry out the work
• Trusses to each side of the operative provide additional protection
• Lateral restraint brackets prevent sideways movement of the ladder
• Joiners do not need to climb roof trusses
• STA System takes moments to position
• One STA System position fixes four roof trusses (two either side)
• No need for joiners to improvise and form timber ladders
• Short ladder gives ease of handling between trusses
S.T.A. System is a SAFE ROOF TRUSS ACCESS system which is a bespoke roof truss ladder which is an industrial strength, class 1 ladder to BS2037 not a lighter duty EN131 standard. This superior strength ladder gives the welded strength required to allow it to be used in this unique roof truss ladder configuration.
METHOD OF WORKING
Spreader bars welded to the ladder sit securely into the “V” point allong the roof truss chord.
Spreader bars span between the roof trusses at higher levels.
Short easy to handle ladder extends up the roof truss to the correct level to suit truss height.
STA System works even if there is no decking or scaffold below the roof truss.
Class 1 BS2037 Industrial Strength.
Length 2.7m (closed) 4.2m (open)